Fruitland Incorporates In 1948
Welcome to the Payette ID GenWeb Project
From "200 Years in the Making"
Highlighting Malheur, Payette, Washington, Owyhee and Baker County History in Idaho
Malheur Publishing Co. (Publishers of the Daily Argus Observer)
Bicentennial Edition, 1976, Page 1870
While the community of Fruitland has been in existence since before the turn of the century, it did not become an incorporated village until March 29, 1948.
The first trustees of the village were sworn into office March 31, 1948. They were Earl S. Secoy, Cody Lyon, Ben W. Grover, A. H. Heap and T. H. Beckwith.
Beckwith was chairman of the trustees, Francis Violett served as city treasurer and W. R. McClure was the first city attorney.
The census of Fruitland in July 1948 was 621. The count was taken by Trustee Lyon.
Fruitland was classified as a city by Idaho law and its population in 1970 was 1,576.
Return to Payette County IDGenWeb Home
|These electronic pages are intended for personal research and may not be reproduced or distributed in any format without the knowledge and written permission of the submitter. Selling or using this information in a commercial venture is strictly prohibited. Any other use, including copying files to other sites, requires permission from the contributors prior to uploading. This page is offered as a courtesy and is not an endorsement of any of the groups listed. The USGenWeb Project makes no claims to the validity of the information submitted and believes that each new piece of information should be researched and proved or disproved according to the weight of evidence.